October 4, 2021 at 11:39 am #4890Abby KimberlyParticipant
The IT Security Analyst’s primary objective is to proactively design, implement, monitor, and maintain solutions to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and access to data on County networks. This position focuses on network security, incident response and works closely with other technical staff, county departments, and affiliated entities to identify security needs and mitigate risks. This position also provides support for the design, maintenance, and expansion of critical network infrastructure.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Install, configure, support, and monitor network security systems and applications.
• Establish baseline security profiles for monitoring of network equipment, servers, and workstations.
• Maintain awareness of current security requirements including, but not limited to, HIPPA, CJIS, IRS, and SSA.
• Maintain awareness of local, state, national, and global security threats and implement or recommend mitigation steps.
• Research solutions and emerging technologies to improve network security and recommend new or updated tools, systems, and applications.
• Perform investigations, analysis, and remediation of network security breaches.
• Work with Senior Network Engineer to troubleshoot and resolve network communication issues related to firewalls, routers, security certificates, DNS providers, etc.
• Perform Active Directory administration functions as related to user accounts and data loss prevention.
• Provide extensive contribution to Disaster Recover, Business Continuity, and Incident Response plans as related to network and data security and recovery.
• Develop policies, procedures, training materials, and other documentation for technical and non-technical county staff relating to network and information security.
• Provide backup support for IT staff in monitoring and responding to end-user help desk requests.
• Participate in on-call duties with other IT staff.
• Work with IT Department staff in the evaluation and selection of new technologies.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and four (4) years’ relevant Information Technology experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities; OR high school diploma/equivalent and six (6) years relevant Information Technology experience demonstrating increasing responsibilities.
• Four (4) years’ experience creating documentation training materials and monitoring networks for intrusion.
• Must successfully pass state and federal criminal background check.
For more information and to apply please use the link below:
Information Technology Analyst – Security
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.