November 5, 2021 at 7:55 am #4946Shane GollnickParticipant
Portage County is all about having a servant heart and providing services that enable our citizens to build productive communities, families and lives.
Due to an upcoming retirement, Portage County is hiring an IT Director to join the team!
What are the primary job duties?
• Plans, directs and coordinates all IT activities and programs.
• Develops, administers, and maintains annual departmental operating budgets, including phone system and Managed Print Services budget.
• Performs as a collaborative member of Portage County’s management team, participating in department and County leadership and management functions under the direction of the County Executive.
Supervision & Operations
• Ensures quality IT-related customer service and responsiveness to all Portage County departments, establishing clear IT standards and priorities.
• Oversees and manages County data, video, and voice systems and ensures appropriate level of county staff communications/ training to achieve efficiencies with the systems.
• Develops, updates and reviews with Corporation Counsel and the Procurement Director all contracts for IT systems, products, and/or services for purchase or sale for any County Department or County partner per Portage County Purchasing Ordinance. In coordination with Purchasing Department, drafts request for proposals; evaluates vendor products and selects new technology as appropriate and budgeted. Directs the sale of Portage County systems or software to other counties and municipalities and/or non-governmental users.
• Oversees county web-based communications including managing County web site and other web-based applications.
Planning & Development
• Researches and develops short and long-term IT plans; determines project priority and allocates staff accordingly. Reviews and approves project designs and plans.
• Evaluates and cost-justifies hardware and software requirements and all IT programs/projects.
• Develops and prepares the annual budget for the IT department; develops and prepares Capital Improvement Plan budget requests based on long- and short-term needs and objectives; presents budgets for approval.
• Develops, documents and implements County IT department operating standards, policies and procedures to protect information, confidentiality and privacy where applicable; develops, implements and monitors computer center and Network security policy and Internet access and security policy; creates and maintains disaster recovery plans.
Office & Personnel Management
• Supervises all IT department staff; interviews and selects new employees; provides for training and instruction; plans, coordinates, assigns and reviews work; acts on problems and concerns including administering discipline or termination if appropriate; maintains county and department standards.
• Administers Human Resources policies in coordination with the Human Resources Director including develops and revises position descriptions as needed, recommends reclassifications, reviews and approves payroll time sheets and requests for time off, evaluates performance, applies salary schedules.
• Approves purchase orders, employee expense reports and payroll.
• Acts as department liaison with County department users, outside users, the news media and hardware and software vendors; responds to inquiries; works to increase operational efficiencies within County department’s IT budgets/allocations; provides information and answers questions regarding the operations and projects of the IT department.
What are the minimum qualifications?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Information Systems or closely related field.
• Five years of Information Technology management experience.
• Three to five years of project management and supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of application development principles, relational database design, web site technology, VOIP systems, Systems Management, and network administration.
• Local government experience desired.
• Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle for business related travel.
• Must pass FBI criminal background check which will be conducted by the Portage County Sheriff’s department. Must not have any felony convictions. Ability to successfully pass a financial background check.
• Any combination of experience and professional training which provides necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
Portage County offers the following benefits:
• State of Wisconsin Retirement Plan
• Health insurance- your choice of two health plans- (Health Savings Account associated with the High Deductible Health Plan with a County contribution or a PPO Co-pay plan)
• EAP (Employee Assistance Plan) Paid by the County
• Employee Wellness program
• Vacation – available on date of hire!
• Paid holidays
• Sick pay
• Flexible spending account
• Life insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hours/week)
• Long term disability insurance- premium paid by the County (must work a minimum of 30 hours/week)
• Dental insurance
• 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
* First review of applications will be Wednesday, November 24, 2021.
TO APPLY: https://www.co.portage.wi.us/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.